G Cloud 12: Understanding the Framework Agreement
G Cloud 12 is a framework agreement that was developed to help the UK government and public sector organizations buy cloud-based solutions and services. The agreement was created by Crown Commercial Service (CCS), an executive agency of the UK government that provides procurement and commercial services for the public sector.
What is G Cloud 12?
G Cloud 12 is a framework agreement that allows UK government organizations to purchase cloud-based solutions and services from pre-approved suppliers. The framework is designed to offer a simpler and faster way for government organizations to buy cloud services and solutions that meet their needs.
The agreement covers a range of services, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Software as a Service (SaaS), and specialist cloud services. It also covers cloud support services, such as migration, training, and support.
The G Cloud 12 framework agreement is set to run for a period of 12 months, with an option for a 12-month extension. It is open to all UK public sector organizations, including local councils, central government departments, and non-departmental public bodies.
What are the benefits of G Cloud 12?
The G Cloud 12 framework agreement offers a number of benefits for UK government and public sector organizations. These include:
1. A simplified procurement process: The framework agreement offers a simplified procurement process, reducing the time and cost associated with traditional public sector procurement processes.
2. Access to pre-approved suppliers: The agreement provides access to a pool of pre-approved suppliers, which have already undergone a rigorous selection process, ensuring they meet the required standards for security, reliability, and quality.
3. Flexibility and scalability: The agreement offers flexibility and scalability, allowing government organizations to choose services that meet their specific needs and scale up or down as required.
4. Cost savings: The framework agreement offers the potential for cost savings, as suppliers are required to offer competitive pricing and provide transparent pricing structures.
5. Innovation: The agreement encourages innovation and competition, as it allows new and innovative suppliers to enter the market and offer their services to government organizations.
How to use G Cloud 12?
Public sector organizations interested in procuring cloud-based solutions and services through the G Cloud 12 framework agreement can browse the list of pre-approved suppliers on the Digital Marketplace. The marketplace is an online platform that allows public sector organizations to search for and purchase cloud services and solutions, making the procurement process simpler and more efficient.
Organizations can use the Digital Marketplace to search for services by category or supplier, compare services, and contact suppliers directly for more information. Once a supplier has been selected, the organization can then place an order and manage the service through the Digital Marketplace.
G Cloud 12 is a framework agreement that offers a simpler and faster way for UK government and public sector organizations to purchase cloud-based solutions and services. The agreement provides access to a pool of pre-approved suppliers, which have already undergone a rigorous selection process, ensuring they meet the required standards for security, reliability, and quality. The framework offers a range of benefits, including simplified procurement, flexibility, scalability, cost savings, and innovation. Public sector organizations interested in procuring cloud-based solutions and services through the G Cloud 12 framework agreement can browse the list of pre-approved suppliers on the Digital Marketplace.